THE INFRASTRUCTURE OF PIRAQUARA ADDICTION TREATMENT CENTER
In order to offer patients from the Treatment Center all the comfort they need for their recovery, the infrastructure is set up as follow:
The addiction treatment center is set in 15000 square meters with a large green area, a pool, woods and gardens, making a warm and cozy atmosphere.
To improve the patients’ fitness, the Addiction Treatment Center provides sports courts, soccer, tennis, full gym and a room for practicing yoga.
The Chapel is the point of spiritual encounter, regardless of religious practice. Patients are guided by a chaplain to develop a daily practice of meeting with God, gathering in prayer and songs of praise.
At the gourmet area, patients have therapeutic activities such as the preparation of barbecue and pizza on weekends to relearn socialization and teamwork.
The group activity rooms offer comfort for staff and patients to develop daily dynamics of self-knowledge and self-development on the basis of cognitive behavioral therapy.
The premises are distributed in different rooms to offer safety, comfort and facilitate the implementation of individual and group therapeutic programs.
Laundry Service: Which offers patients exclusive Laundry Service.
Meeting Room: The family and the patient have a room for events, where seminars, informational meetings and family meeting groups with technical and administrative staff of the Clinic are held regularly.
Rooms: The rooms accommodate two people per room with box spring beds and a TV set. The wings are divided into male and female.
Reading Room: Patients have a living and reading room.
Nursing Station: The nursing station is located next to the rooms, allowing better care and observation of patients.
The structure of Cleuza Canan Clinic and Treatment Center facilitates patient recovery.
Clinical Day Treatment
This daily treatment is composed by multidisciplinary staff of psychologists, psychiatrist, general practitioner, occupational therapist and massage therapist whose job is providing therapeutic care for the needs of elderly people, teenagers, couples and families who need to invest in their mental health in order to improve their quality of life and maintain their recovery process.
DESCRIPTION OF TERAPHEUTIC ACTIVITIES
Our Customer service has a team of 32 professionals, including technicians and skilled administrative assistants, highly qualified in the treatment and recovery of the addict. The goal of the treatment center is to use effective recovery techniques with its own methodology, personalized treatment, following the profile and the addiction of each patient conducting them consciously to their physical, psychological, spiritual and social recovery.
- Front Desk: There is a well trained team in motivational interviewing to provide a warm reception upon arrival of the patient to the treatment center. Patients and family are screened through Anamnesis in order to check the level of severity of the disease and to define an individualized treatment plan, according to the characteristics and needs of each patient.
- Chemical Detoxification: In clinical care ward there is an observation room where the patient is monitored 24/7 during the initial period of detoxification. Usually at this stage the patient is confused, disoriented and unmotivated for treatment due to the degree of intoxication or severity of mental condition requiring psychiatric medical care, psychological, spiritual and intensive nursing care. At this phase of the treatment, the patient may not and won’t ever feel alone, the team will be with them to serve and guide.
- Additional Tests: During the stay in the observation room, clinical and toxicological tests are performed to support the diagnostic evaluation and guide the following process of the treatment.
- Psychological Support: Psychologists, who are experts in addiction and behavioral disorders, provide weekly individual sessions and group therapy. The comfort of the psychological and psychiatric care clinics allows the treatment to be done in confidence, individuality and excellence.
- Medical Services: Performed by clinical specialist in general practitioner who will make evaluation of tests and clinical consequences of substance use.
- Psychiatric Care: Psychiatrists will perform Anamnesis about the psychic damage of substance use and psychiatric comorbidity, prescribing medications that will relieve the unpleasant withdrawal symptoms and stabilize the patient psychologically.
- Nursing Care: Nurses and assistants will check the physical condition of the patient, and assist them with the hygiene, food, routine adaptation and the use of prescribed medications.
- Spiritual Care: Performed by a chaplain or theologian who welcomes the patient guiding them to a spiritual practice in order to recover the moral values, ethical principles, family ties and faith as sustaining source of inner well-being and respect for others.
- Music Therapy: Application of music therapy providing personal creativity and moments of relaxation, stimulating the sense of perception of reality and flow of emotion. Guidance on risk factors associated with music and how to make it fun and enjoyable.
- Occupational Therapy: Created to stimulate the patient to integration group activities, this activity increases logical reasoning applying techniques for fine motor skills that can point to creative gifts of manual and artistic activities which elevate the self-esteem of the patient.
- Yoga: The patient is inserted into a yoga group to learn how to manage anxiety through body awareness exercises, meditation and emotional control.
- Massage Therapy: Massage therapy and acupuncture are a differential service that helps control anxiety, stress and detoxification, aiding in withdrawal and craving.
- Physical Education: Individual or group physical activities guided by an expert physical educator in rehabilitation and conditioning, in order to encourage recreational group participation.
- Informational Meetings: Informational meetings are intended to guide and support the patient’s family and also the medical team towards activities and rules applied in the clinic.
- Daily Meals: it is offered 6 daily balanced meals supervised by a nutritionist and prepared by a catering crew, trained and oriented on good food preparation practices, using as far as possible, products harvested from the clinic’s own vegetable garden.
- Security: These safety maintenance services are done by trained professionals who provide protection, targeting the physical integrity of the patient. Besides having safety made by people for people, there is a 24/7 monitoring camera system.
Clinical Day has a modern structure and trained professionals to help the intensive treatment.